From Monday the 12 of March, to Friday the 23rd, 2018, the Medium-sized Multinational Aviation Exercise INIOCHOS 2018″ takes place in Greece.
The objective of the exercise is to provide realistic operational training in conditions that resemble a complex multi-threat combat environment to maximize the operational readiness of the Air Force.
The exercise will be conducted throughout the FIR of Athens with the participation of a large number of aircraft forces from Greece as well as from other allied states as well as forces of the Navy and Army.
In INIOCHOS 2018 the following countries are participating:
Hellenic Air Force: F-16 BLOCK 30/50/52+/M, F-4, M-2000, EMB-145H AEW&C
US Air Force: F-15C/D/E
UAE Air Force: MIRAGE 2000-9
UNITED KINGDOM: Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4
IT Air Force: TORNADO
Given the high level of the Hellenic Air Force personnel and the capability to conduct exercises involving a variety of weapon systems within one of the largest exercise areas in Europe, the exercise INIOCHOS aspires to become the most competitive exercise in Europe and the Mediterranean region, and provide participants with a high level of training and unique experience of participation.
In order to achieve the objectives of the exercise, the HFWS oversees the missions from scenario planning to debriefing and makes certain that they cover the full spectrum of missions currently performed by the Hellenic Air Force such as:
- Air operations versus Integrated Air Defense System (IADS)
- Offensive Counter Air / Airfield Attack
- Air Interdiction / Special Targets (bridges, power stations, vehicles, etc.).
- Anti Surface Warfare
- Slow Mover Protection (SLOMO)
- Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR).
- Dynamic Targeting (DT) / Strike Coordination and Reconnaissance (SCAR) / Close Air Support (CAS) / Time Sensitive Targets (TST).
- High-Value Airborne Asset (HVAA) Protect/Attack
In the next weeks, we provide a major cover of this important European military exercise, with our staff in Greece.
Source and photo credits: Hellenic Air Force